GATTACA Essay
Alan Arreola
period 4
1/14/15
Mr.Bursch
After viewing the movie GATTACA I discovered that being born perfect is not the key to true happiness. By being perfect you are not allowing yourself to achieve any desire to complete goals. I do not believe that every parent would want this for their child, although being athletic, intelligent, and attractive will make their life easier, it will not necessarily make them happier, which, in my opinion, is much more important than success. I believe in the film society portrays a very unhappy environment for two reasons, one being that being a valid will not bring happiness because they have already achieved their dream with ease, while invalids are cast aside from society and discriminated from valids. Despite being an invalid Vincent still discovered happiness because of the fact that he was imperfect and achieving his goal seemed so impossible yet he strived for it as if he needed it which is important.I feel if you are not trying to reach your goal but instead you do it with ease you will not achieve happiness. I also discovered that it could even possibly easier for an invalid to achieved his goal since their motivation is usually much higher than the motivation of a valid.
I believe in this film it has two options, one is being perfect and the other is being happy, parents that believe that their children will find happiness from perfection are wrong because true happiness comes from the difficulty of achieving your greatest goal in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment