Species Questions
Alan Arreola
1. It took thousands of generations over the period of a million years to complete the survival game. I believe it took this long because adaptation occurs over a long period of time the organism needs to adapt to the environment, and in order for this to happen the least suitable for the environment will die and the organisms with the best traits will survive and spread their genes to their children. It would be difficult for an organism to maintain most of its traits over a long period of time because as time goes by they either adapt or die.
2. The original phenotype that I chose were the species without hair which lasted the longest because they were able to survive in extreme heat and they also bred with the tall animals so that they may reach food in high ground. These two combinations of phenotype allowed me to survive the longest I believe because they were more useful to the type of environment they were in, they were also able to breed with each other making a hybrid with more adaptations.
3. I believe so because the population is small which means that just four organisms can die and this will still affect the population. Some evidence was when the cold came and all the hairless organisms had died, but then the heat had arrived and caused every other species to die because they all had extra fur which cause excessive heating.
4. I noticed that the tall trait and the heavy fur trait seemed to be dominant over the short and hairless trait. I could tell because once I had gone to a stage of heat the tall trait seemed to take over the short trait, and when time was going by I notice that the heavy fur took over the light fur trait over time.
5. Cold conditions- heavy fur, hot conditions-light fur, predator- camouflage and or the tall legs, new tall source of food- tall legs.
6. I would add more traits which means more variation among species, different environments or whether that would occur in a climate, and possibly different predators which would eat different species.
No comments:
Post a Comment